Health Certificates

Health Certificates

Dr. Grossbard is licensed by the USDA to complete domestic and international health certificates for pet travel. Please call our office to schedule a health certificate exam. Always plan pet travel as early in advance as possible, as some destinations may require titer tests or government permitting that can take weeks to months to complete.

Domestic Travel

Most airlines require a domestic health certificate for travel both in the cabin or in cargo. These certificates must be completed within 10 days of travel.

Hawaii had additional requirements for animal transport, including multiple rabies vaccines, microchipping, and a rabies FAVN titer test. Full requirements for pet travel to Hawaii can be found here.

Some airlines may require additional paperwork for service and emotional support animals. Please contact your airlines for the most up-to-date information.

International Travel

Each country has different requirements, please check the USDA website for your destination country and read the requirements carefully. Unless otherwise specified by your destination country, your health certificate appointment should be scheduled within 10 days of travel.

Many countries may require your health certificate to be endorsed by the USDA. This endorsement appointment must be after your health certificate appointment at AllCare. To schedule your endorsement appointment, you can email Contact the USDA early in your travel planning process as they can book up quickly, especially during peak travel seasons.